To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions


How long does it take to get a library card?

Our librarian will be able to supply you with a new library card the same day you apply.

Are electronic books available?

No, not at this time.

Does the Library have "story time" for younger children?

We do offer "story time" for younger children!  Give us a call if the current schedule is not posted.

City Council Members

What hours is City Hall open?

City Hall is open from 8am - 5pm daily.


May I burn trash and leaves inside the city limits?

Please contact Dispatch at 918-423-1212.

Under normal conditions, the City does have a time period during the day in which you can burn limbs and small brush.  You can burn from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.  A fire can be started from 8 a.m. - NOON.  If it is still burning at 2 p.m., it can continue to burn just don't add anything else to it.  Please refer to Ordinance #17-04.  Please see ordinances under the Government tab, Code Compliance, then select Ordinances.

Where do we dispose of debris?

The City of Krebs has a program where you can call City Hall at 918-423-6519 to have someone remove the debris.  You give your name, address, and phone number.

This service is ONCE PER MONTH on the LAST FRIDAY of each month.  It needs to be set on the side of the road and the city employees will pick it up.  Please call if you have further questions.

Procedures & Fines

Where do I pay my tickets?

In person - Krebs Police Dept located at 1 NE Washington Ave, Krebs, OK.

Pay By Phone - call Court Solutions at 877-591-8768.

Please Click the Button to the right, to Pay Online      Court Fine

For inquiries only about your tickets - please call 918-423-2421, choose Option 1 for Court Clerk.

Application Process

I am interested in applying for a job with the City of Krebs, what do I do?

You will need to fill out an application if available.  Please ensure you meet the qualifications for the position you wish to be considered for.  If you would like to include a resume, simply attach it to the completed application. You may mail or drop off the application at City Hall.  Interviews will be scheduled accordingly.

Does the City of Krebs hire part time employees?

Yes, we do hire part time employees.  Availability of these positions will be posted here when available.

Meeting Agendas & Minutes

What is the city council meeting schedule?

The city council meets on the third (3rd) Tuesday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Krebs City Hall.

Building Permits & Inspections

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return to city hall.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.

Police Department

Where do I pay my tickets?

In person - Krebs Police Dept located at 1 NE Washington Ave, Krebs, OK.

For inquiries about your tickets - please call 918-423-2421.

Pay By Phone - call Court Solutions at 877-591-8768.

For inquiries about tickets in collections or to pay a ticket in collections - please call Aberdeen at 918-794-0810.

Sanitation & Recycling

When are the garbage collection days for my street?

Please refer to the monthly schedule. Remember, observed holidays will alter the normal routine.

Water Utilities

How could I have used this much water?

You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

My bill is past due can I get an extension?

Please contact our office if your bill is past due.  Bills are due by the end of the business day on the 10th of every month and are considered past due by the end of the business day on the 20th.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.


Do I need a permit to sell fireworks?

Yes.  A permit is required to sell fireworks within the city limits of Krebs.  The cost is $20 per location for a 30 day permit.  Distributors of fireworks shall be required to obtain sales tax as required by Oklahoma State Law.  Please see Amended Ordinance 02-06.

New Resident Resources

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

Simply click the "Sign Up for Alerts" button located ……fill out the brief form with your preferred contact information and click submit

Where do I go to vote?

All City elections are conducted by the Pittsburg County Election Board. Please contact the Election Board for locations and upcoming election information.

Please contact the Pittsburg County Election Board to become a registered voter.

Pittsburg County Election Board is located at the County Courthouse, 115 East Carl Albert Pkwy, McAlester, OK  74501    

Do I need to register my pets?

All pets need to be registered with the City.  Bring vaccination records from your veterinarian.  Cost is $5.00 per animal during the month of January.  After January the cost is $7.50 per animal.  City tags are good from January 1 to December 31 of each year.  

No more that 3 animals are allowed per Ordinance 11-05.